How Career Development Can Assist Your Department & Students
Keep us in mind if you know you will be away at a conference or event. We'll gladly meet with your students on any of the topics listed below or tailor one to your needs.
Each year KU students and alumni can participate in many on and off-campus events which will enhance and enrich their academic experience and coursework. We can also:
- Share employer and alumni contacts specific to your department
- Coordinate meetings between faculty members and employers interested in recruiting your students
- Distribute internship listings specific to your department
- Principles for Professional Practice
Internship & Job Databases/Resume Posting Service
Students and alumni can search full-time, part-time and internship opportunities, create online portfolios, and view quick career advice videos. To see what's currently in KU Career Network, contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the faculty ID & password.
Major Discovery Series
One resource kit for every KU major covering sample career titles and employers, necessary skill sets, professional associations, and websites specific to that major.
Career Assessment Instruments
If a student is unsure of a major or career path, or just wants to confirm decisions, please recommend one or more of the following:
- Focus - Assess skills, abilities, interests and values in relationship to a wide variety of career choices. Students can email this office (email@example.com) with their name, current student status, last four digits of their social security number, & email address to secure a keycode to access the program.
- Strong - Compare self-assessed abilities and interests with a variety of occupational groups.
In addition, the following links may be useful when you need to develop letters of recommendation for your students:
- A Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring
- Tips for Providing References
- Sample Reference Letter for Faculty
How Your Department Can Assist the Career Development Center
Help students connect with us by encouraging them to utilize our resources & participate in our events! Please stress the importance of planning for the future from the beginning of their college career.
- Career Counseling & Coaching
- Career Resource Center
- Internship & Job Fairs, Graduate School Fair
- Mock Interviews
- On-campus Interviewing Program
- Presentations & Workshops
- Review Service
How Career Development Can Assist Your Personal Career Development
For those of you working on your own career development, whether for employment or further education, you can also access the many resources provided through the CDC website and on-line tools.