Welcome Parents, Family, & Friends
The Career Development Center is home to limitless resources for your student's career development!
Your role as a family member of a college student is an important one. Your support and encouragement will continue to be important even as your student becomes more independent, self-sufficient, and comfortable with his or her new role as a college student at Kutztown University.
How You Can Help
- Encourage your student to begin planning his/her future career path as soon as he/she starts college. See Key to a Successful College Experience.
- Emphasize the importance of 1) good gradesand 2) related experience (part-time job, volunteer work, job shadowing, internship, etc).
- Celebrate your student's successes and encourage him/her to seekhelp when difficulties arise.
- Help your student to advocate for him/herself.Encouragehim/her to take responsibility for solving issues and problems.
- Encourage your student to take advantage of KU resources, services and special events. See Freshman/Sophomore and Junior/Senior Calendar of Events.
- Be patient and supportive.
The CDC serves undergraduate and graduate students from across all academic disciplines starting with their first semester at KU, as well as, alumniby helping them define their career goals and take the steps necessary to achieve them. We encourage you to browse our website to learn more about the wide range of career services, programs, and resources offered at Kutztown University.