Services & Resources
Career Assessment Instruments
If you're unsure of the major or career that's right for you, or if you just want to confirm your decisions, consider taking one or more of the following:
- Focus - Assess your skills, abilities, interests and values in relationship to a wide variety of career choices.
- Strong - Compare self-assessed abilities and interests with a variety of occupational groups. The Strong is used to measure your interests and helps guide you toward rewarding education programs/majors, careers, work activities, and leisure activities. Contact Career Development Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your ID and password 610-683-4067.
- The Keirsey Temperament Sorter
- The Career Key
- Personality Type
- Career Zone Work Environments
Career Counseling & Coaching
Meet with a professional staff member to discuss your academic/career concerns.
Call for an appointment. 610-683-4067
Career Resource Center
Over 600 volumes of printed materials. Information on:
Video and social media tools for effective and successful research and career planning. Job seekers can watch employer videos, how-to career videos, university videos about graduate education, and a career show on finding the ideal employer.
It's never been easier to find the right employer or plan your career.
All junior and senior students automatically receive a weekly on-line newsletter filled with helpful career tips & suggestions, interesting facts, event & workshop reminders, as well as internship & job listings.
Free for the taking, stop by to pick up your copy or download!
- Choosing a Major
- Making the Most of Your College Experience
- Writing Resumes, Cover Letters, & Other Correspondence
- Getting Internships & Related Experience
- Conducting a Job Search
- Interviewing Successfully
- Applying to Graduate & Professional Schools
- Conducting a Job Search in Education
Each semester, KU Career Development hosts several fairs (internship, job, graduate school, education, etc). We also participate annually in the Lehigh Valley Collegiate Career Expo (LVCCE).
Job & Internship Databases/Resume Posting Services
KU Career Network - The following services and resources are available through KUCN:
- Internship and job postings
- Employer profiles
- Events and workshops
- Career fairs
- Mock/practice interviews
- Career videos and resources
MonsterCollege - Search full-time, part-time and internship opportunities targeted by employers to Kutztown University students and alumni.
Major Discovery Series
One resource kit for every KU major covering sample career titles and employers, necessary skill sets, professional associations, and websites specific to that major. For other general websites, make sure to check out our Job/Career Information page.
For additional major information click here.
Mock Interview Service
Practice an interview in person or online. For face-to-face, call for details. 610-683-4067. For on line mock interview, login to the KU Career Network!
Employers interview KU students in our office each semester. Getting an interview will never be this easy again!
Presentations & Workshops
This semester's events for everyone .
Persons with a disability, and who require accommodation, should notify the Disability Services Office two weeks prior to the event at 610-683-4108 or email email@example.com, TDD number: 610-683-4499, in order to discuss accommodations. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations
Submit your resume, cover letter or graduate admission essay for suggestions and feedback. Drop off, mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Plan accordingly, there is a 7-10 day turnaround. Call to find out if it is ready for pick up, or, provide us with a self-addressed, stamped envelope and it will be returned. Remember your photo I.D.
***Persons with a disability and who require accommodation for a service, resource or event, should notify the Career Development Center two weeks prior to the event at 610.683.4067 or email@example.com, TDD number: 610.683.4499. Every effort will be made to provide reasonable accommodations.***